See Our Results!
- $3,700,000 Product Liability resulting in burn injury
- $1,000,000 Fall on Stairs resulting in foot fracture
- $500,000 Fall from Ladder Orthopedic Injuries
- $500,000 Burn from fire pit
- $300,000 Conversion Theft of Property
- $267,000 stage collapse resulting in broken leg
- $250,000 Fall from scooter
- $220,000 ladder collapse resulting in injury
- $190,000 Retained medical sponge
- $160,000 pedestrian injured by an automobile
- $150,000 industrial injury accident
- $130,000 Auto vs. Auto recovered full policy limits
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
As any driver in the Los Angeles area knows, car accidents happen every day. Most drivers will be involved in at least one car accident sometime in their lives. Many of these accidents are minor (“fender-benders”) and do not cause any injury. However, car accidents can also result in permanent orthopedic injury, paralysis, burns, and even death. The number one cause of traumatic back injury is car accidents. They are also the number one cause of death for teenage drivers. Even a case of “whiplash” can cause a lifetime of discomfort.
There is really no such thing as a typical car accident. Sometimes lower speed accidents can result in serious neck injures, and sometimes people walk away from high speed collisions without an ache or pain. Each case is unique. Unfortunately, insurance companies don’t always see it that way. The insurance companies argue if there is not a great deal of property damage to the car, then there won’t be any injuries. Sometimes that is true, but since each case is unique, the cookie cutter approach taken by the insurance companies results in unfair offers to compensate victims of car accidents. It is the job of your attorney to make the insurance company see you as an individual, not a list of symptoms.
In every car accident case, the two main questions are 1) Who caused the accident and 2) What are the injuries? Sometime the first question is easy to answer, such as in rear-end accidents. But in other situations, like multi-car collisions, red light disputes, or right of way disputes, the cause of the accident itself is in dispute. In order to determine who caused the accident, your attorney must analyze the police report, scene pictures, witness statements, and any other piece of available evidence. Although investigating police officers do their best to determine the cause of an accident, police reports are often inaccurate. Also, the opinion of the police officer is just that, an opinion of who caused the accident. It is not the final word on the subject.
After determining who is at fault, the next question relates to the injuries. Insurance companies always fight on this point because it is the insurance adjustors’ job to save the company money, not to help the victims of negligence. This is why you need an experienced attorney in your corner. Your attorney should help coordinate your medical treatment, assist you with payment options, such as medical liens, obtain all of your medical records, and present them to the insurance company with an explanation of how the injury effected your life. This is the only way to maximize the value of your case. The insurance company has to see you as a person, not a set of symptoms. At the Law Offices of Mann & Elias, we are experts at maximizing the value of your case.
There are many additional factors to analyze in a car accident such as insurance limits, comparative negligence, pre-existing medical conditions, etc. Even knowing how the different insurance companies handle claims is an important piece of the puzzle. This is why you need an experienced attorney. After an accident, it is vital that you have an attorney to walk you through the process. The insurance company has professional adjustors to save them money. Who will you have in your corner?
When you have been injured in a Los Angeles car accident and everyone you are dealing with is looking out for themselves, it is important to have an experienced attorney looking out for you. The law office of Mann & Elias has represented clients in hundreds of personal injury claims. Our most recent results include a number of excellent verdict awards and insurance settlements for automobile accident claims.
Contact the Los Angeles car accident lawyers at the law offices of Mann & Elias at 323-857-9500 for the straightforward legal advice and serious representation you need.
What to do after an accident:
- File a police report.
- Obtain contact information for everyone involved in the accident. Include their name, address, insurance information, vehicle license number and driver's license number.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and any vehicles involved in the accident before you leave the accident scene. Also, photograph any injuries such as bruises, cuts and bleeding.
- Do not talk to an insurance adjustor. Talk only to your doctor or lawyer.
- Consult your lawyer before signing anything. Anything you sign or say to be helpful can easily be misinterpreted and turned against you.
- Go to the hospital if you are injured and explain exactly how you received your injuries.
- Report memory problems, confusion or disorientation, however minor these things may seem at the time.
Successful Case Result: